Bogotá is the capital city, and one of the biggest city in the continent. It offers a wide variety of entertainment and cultural experiences for all kinds of tastes and budgets. Bogotá is a meeting point of all the cultural traditions of the country, so you’ll find all kinds of foods, rhythms and customs. Here are some of the essential tourist possibilities:
#1 Cultural Tourism
- Gold Museum
- Botero Museum
- Iberoamerican Theatre Festival. One of the 3 biggest theatre festivals in the world, every couple of years.
- Free music park festivals. Free concerts all year round, on the main stages all over the city: salsa, opera, hip hop amongst others and the famous Rock al parque festival, one of the biggest of South America.
- Salt Catedral in Zipaquirá.
- Historic center
#2 Natural Tourism
- Wetlands. One of the main ecosystems in the sabana. Bogotá has over 14 wetlands that surround the city and are its main source of flora, fauna and water.
- Natural Parks: Colombia has over 56 protected natural park areas from snow-covered mountains to rainforests. Near Bogotá you can find Chingaza Natural Park, Entre Nubes Natural Park or Chicaque Natural Park.
- Other ecologic plans: Visit the Sumapaz Paramo, the water reservoirs of Sisga, Tominé, Neusa and Guavio, hike through the capital hills or have a morning of clean air and exercise in the Simon Bolivar Park.
- Near Kozii you find malls with some of the most exclusive stores in Bogotá: Andino, El Retiro, Atlantis, Avenida Chile.
- Corferias: This is a trade fairs space that offers all year round thematic fairs like Expoartesanías or the International Book Fair of Bogotá.
- Flea Markets Sundays and holidays: In Usaquén square and downtown (7th Street with 24)
#4 Food and Nightlife
- C Zone in La Candelaria
- T Zone around calle 82 with carrera 13
- G Zone between calles 65 – 70 and carreras 6 – 5
- M Zone in La Macarena
- Gastronomic Zone in Usaquén
- Gastronomic Zone in 93 park
- Going to La Calera a town 5 miles from Bogotá.
Created by the Tourim office in Bogotá, so you can enjoy a whole zone in short time.
Bozque Izquierdo – La Candelaria – Cementerio Central
Humedal La Conejera – Jardín Botánico – Parque La Florida
Niza Humedal Córdoba – Park Way – Parque el Virrey
Santa Fe – Nieves – Santa María del Lago – Usaquén
More touristic information:
Bogotá in Colombia.Travel